68hr Medication Aide
MULTI-DAY CLASS / Textbook fee $35
The 68hr Medication Administration Course is a Virginia Board of Nursing approved program. The course instructs participant how to administer & assist resident in self-administering medications, including blood sugar checks & insulin injections, in the assisted living environment. There are 68 hours of training, consisting of 48 hours of classroom training and 20 hours of clinical training in various assisted living facilities, to assist in Medication Management and Administration in assisted living facilities.
The cost includes all classroom materials and 1-set of scrubs *For classes @ Breath of Fresh Air location only. Certificate will be provided within 14 Business Days (count ONLY Monday through Friday non-holidays) ONLY upon successful completion of the course.
Students will be eligible to apply to Virginia Board of Nursing ($50) and the examination at PSI ($70) to become a Registered Medication Aide (RMA).
Student will also receive a complimentary "4hr Medication Aide Refresher Class" within 60 days’ completion of the course as a review prior to taking their Virginia Board of Nursing Medication Aide competency test.
A certificate of completion from one of the following:
* Virginia Department of Social Services approved 40hr Direct Patient Care program,
* Virginia Medicaid approved 40hr Personal Care Assistant certificate
* Virginia Board of Nursing approved Nurse Aide certificate
1) Current PPD (TB) Test or Chest X-Ray ($25 to $45)
2) Current Criminal Background Check from the Virginia State Police - $15
3) Wrist watch with a sweep second hand (inexpensive $10 to $20)
4) Black shoes & Black Socks
** Must be vinyl or leather (leak-proof) & be closed top, toe & back
** No canvas or slip-ons, mules, clogs, lace-ups, etc...
5) Virginia Board of Nursing Application ($50) and PSI Examination ($70)